Once you have looked at your Practice Settings and invited team members into Karbon to collaborate with you, you can look at email and contacts. If you haven't already looked at your Practice Settings, have a look at Getting started step 1.
Triage is your super-charged inbox. It shows your new email, internal notifications, and extra functionality to help you get to #TriageZero.
To start you off, we synchronize your 20 most recent emails with your inbox. If you would like us to bring in more email, reach out through Help & Feedback and tell us how far back you would like for us to import.
With email in Triage, you can:
- Reply to an email as you would in your email inbox. Once actioning it, don’t leave it in Triage, clear it. The email will still be available on the contact’s timeline if you’ve added the sender as a contact.
- Assign an email to you or your colleague if you want them to take ownership and action it. Once again, when you've assigned the email, clear it. The assigned email will show up on your colleague's To-do list where you can track its status.
- Add an email to Work if the email is part of a job you’re working on (i.e. monthly bookkeeping, sales tax, etc.), so your team can see all future communication tied to it.
Clearing an email from Triage will not delete it from your email account, but archive it. Learn more here.
Eliminating Triage clutter
You have two options to help eliminate the clutter from your Triage.
Any emails that aren’t pertinent to your work—such as newsletters or event invitations—but you would like to address later, you should consider marking as Low Priority. Click the 3 dots of your email and select Low Priority. Doing this will mean that email, and all future emails from that sender will automatically be delivered to your Low Priority section. You can read these when you have time, from Low Priority in the main Karbon menu.
You can also choose for certain emails to skip Triage by creating rules and folders in your email client. You can learn how to do this here. When you’ve done this, reach out in Help & Feedback to let us know what those folders are. We'll ensure any emails tagged there won't appear in Karbon.
Add contacts to your Karbon account to experience Karbon’s automatic communication timelines. You can add contacts in the following ways:
- From an email: as you are responding to emails, click on the sender’s name and select “Add Contact”.
- From the global add: click Add Contact from the Contact page or the Global Add Menu “+” in the upper right-hand corner of Karbon.
- Import: on the Contacts page, click “Import from Gmail” or “Import from Office 365”. This will show you a list of Triage email addresses you have either sent emails to, or received emails from. You can then choose which email address to add as a contact.
Note: If you’ve added a contact using #2 or #3, and would like to make that contact's communication visible to your team, click the bar “your communication is private, change”, at the top of that contact's timeline.
If you are interested in uploading your client list in bulk, send us a note in Help & Feedback, and we’ll work with you to upload your list.
Linking people to their organization
Once you have added a Person Contact, click on the Details page to associate them to an Organization Contact. Click on the contact card and edit to add the organization, or create the organization they are associated with.
Learn more about linking people to an organization.
What emails are public or private in Karbon?
Email in your Triage is only visible to you unless it is linked to a Work timeline or a Contact that you have chosen to make your communication with public.
Learn more about keeping emails private.
Now that you have an understanding of Triage and Contacts, we'll show you how to optimize your team's workflow and organize your To-do list in Getting started step 3.
You might also like
- Getting started step 1: Practice Settings & your profile
- Getting started step 3: Work & To-do
- Getting started step 4: training & support