After completing this module you should be able to _____.
- describe what Triage can do above and beyond traditional email clients. (hint: what items are included in addition to emails, and what additional actions can you take while clearing your Triage?)
- summarize why you would choose an email, note, or comment to send your message to either one person or to a group.
Product Feature Keywords:
Explore how you can manage your client details and relationships with Contacts.
Complex relationships for tax and trusts? Use Client groups to associate like contacts together.
- Click the Global add button in the upper right hand corner of your screen "+"
- Click Contact
- Choose Add Client Group and give your Client Group a name and a contact type if needed
- Click on the Members tab and Add members (add as many members that apply for that Client Group)
- Any work for those members will be listed on the work tab and any communications you tag to this Client Group will be listed on the timeline.
A note is a conversation you hold internally within your company. Unlike an email, it is viewed only by members of your team.
While email can be used to communicate externally, there are other ways to communicate with your team in Karbon. Learn how.
Don't let your email pile up! Assign an email to yourself to prioritize and complete later.
- Go to the main menu and select "Triage". Find an email in the list and click to open.
- From either the info tray on the right or the first icon on the header (2 dots plus three lines), assign/add the email to your to-do list (you will later assign to a colleague).
- Choose a To-do date (a date by which you want to start on it) and a due date (to give yourself a goal date or to meet a client deadline)
- Write yourself a comment to remind you of what to do next.
- Once done, click "Assign & clear". Karbon will now clear the email and create a To-do for you with all the context provided.
Discover some best practices for using Triage to deal with your email more efficiently and ensure that nothing slips through the cracks.