In your settings menu you have an option for workflow that allows you to customize everything around how your team works. Your workflow settings include:
- Work Types: Karbon has a list of work types available that allow efficient tracking and visualizations of groups of work.
- Workflow Statuses: A master list of statuses used for work items, beginning with five primary statuses that can as many sub-statuses under each primary status as needed.
- Task Statuses: A list of primary statuses and default sub-statuses that can be applied as a status for tasks in a work item.
Creating Workflow Statuses
To get started, you will need to set up your master list of Workflow Statuses. You will have a set of primary statuses, there you will be able to add as many sub-statuses under each primary status that you will need.
Set up Workflow
A Default Work Type exists in Karbon, which will be applied to any work item that does not have a defined work type. This Default Work Type is also used for any note or email that has been assigned to a team member.
We recommend you edit your Default Work Type and decide which sub-statuses you want to apply to it.
Workflows also allow you to customize and map out the process for particular types of work. To do this you will need to create some Work Types, then map out the workflow for each one by selecting which Workflow Statuses from the master list and apply to that work type.
For each work type, there are two levels of Workflows:
- Work Status which impact what statuses can be applied to the work item
- Task Status which impact what statuses can be applied to tasks within that work item
You may decide to use the same statuses for both or select different statuses. Once selected, you can save and will be ready to go.