If you want to track time and bill clients using Karbon + QuickBooks Time + QuickBooks Online, we recommend you follow this order to ensure a successful connection:
- Step 1: Establish/create accounts for all three systems independently (do not integrate yet).
- Step 2: Download the contact lists from all three systems and ensure the names match exactly the same in each. Most people decide to either make Karbon or QuickBooks Online as the preferred contact name source and update the other systems to match.
- Step 3: Integrate QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Time together first. If you need assistance, don't hesitate to contact the QuickBooks Time team directly.
- Step 4: Integrate QuickBooks Time with Karbon following these instructions.
To get a full hands-on walk-through of how to setup the integrations, watch this video:
Or, get just the details you need by watching one (or all) of the following videos:
- The process to integrate and how the data flows (5 min)
- A hands-on walk-through of the Karbon + QuickBooks Time + QBO integration (25 min)
- Common FAQs and answers (20 min)
Keeping contacts in sync between the three systems?
If billing at a Contact level only (not work or job level), the steps above will ensure that time is tracked either in Karbon or QuickBooks Time and flow directly into QuickBooks Online. Please note that while Karbon will create new contacts in QuickBooks Time, QuickBooks Time will not create new contacts within QuickBooks. Therefore, you will need to periodically update your contact list in QuickBooks to enable the data to flow between all three systems.
Tracking time for contacts & work?
If tracking time for both contacts and work, you will also need to ensure QuickBooks customer:jobs match the customer:job structure in QuickBooks Time. Therefore, the work item naming you create in Karbon must also match the customer:job notation in QuickBooks. You will also need to periodically update those directly in QuickBooks to ensure the data flows as expected from Karbon to QuickBooks Time to QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Time integration setup guide