If you would like to change the email address you log into Karbon with and receive emails from in Triage, you will need to create a new user account for your new email address, and then archive your old user account.
If your email address is not changing, but your company is moving from one email client to another (i.e. Gmail to Office365, Exchange to Office365, etc.), or making an Office 365 tenant change, please reach out to Karbon support to coordinate the update. You can reach Karbon support through Help & Feedback > Still can't find what you need > New conversation or email@example.com.
To continue changing your email address, follow the steps below:
Invite your new email address into Karbon:
- Log into Karbon with your current (soon to be archived) email account. If you've already changed your email address and can no longer login, the best thing to do would be to have a colleague who still has access to Karbon to invite you using your new email address.
- Invite in a new user with your new email address. You can do this from Settings/Colleagues.
- Clear Triage. It's important to get your Triage down to zero before you remove this user account. We'd recommend either replying to all emails and cc'ing your new email address, or assigning all the emails to your new user account that you created in step 1/2.
- Ensure all email is public for your contacts. This is important as it ensures all your email with your client is on their timelines and not lost when you archive your old user account.
- Log out of Karbon.
Activate your account with your new email address and archive your old account
- Go to your new email address' Inbox and accept the invite to Karbon, all the way to logging in.
- Archive your old user account from Settings.
- IMPORTANT: Choose the colleague who will own the removed colleague's assignments (your new user account) and click Remove & Reassign.